Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finally...a chance to update!

Hi everyone!

I feel like it has been so long since I updated the blog! Everything is fine, we are just really getting into a routine in our new home. Emily started dance this week (loves it), Matthew started soccer today (loves it), Tommy is so busy with work, and I have been busy trying to make new friends and get to know the town (going to MOPS and starting Moms and Tots at church tomorrow).
Thank you for the prayers for our last ultrasound. Like I mentioned before, it is too early to see any major problems with the heart. We were just checking on some "me" stuff. Matthew and Tommy went with me and Matthew was excited to see his new little brother or sister. He told us that it is a boy and that we will name him Thomas the Tank Engine. I asked if she could see any "goods", but the baby is still too small. Anyway, the baby looked good and had a great heartbeat (did I tear up? Of course I did.). Then, I was told that I have placenta previa. In other words, my placenta is at the bottom of my uterus, covering my cervix. This would not be a good thing if I were further along, but Dr. Tinker believes that since I am so early (was only 12 weeks at the ultrasound--I am about 14 1/2 weeks now), that my uterus will grow and that my placenta will move up. Considering all that we have to worry about, this doesn't really have us too concerned. We will check again at the 20 week level 2 ultrasound. Anyway, here is a picture of our beautiful miracle. The head is on the bottom right and the feet are those two things at the top left. You can see his/her knees bent in the picture. You can also see a gorgeous backbone along the bottom. Enjoy!
Last week was a tough "Missing Luke" week. I miss him so much and sometimes those feelings are completely overwhelming. I want all four of my children to be with us, but we do not have one of them. It is so difficult to grasp sometimes and it is a feeling that no mother or father should feel. Luke would be 6 months old on Friday--I can't believe that he would be that old. He would most likely be done with his second surgery (the Glenn) and just holding tight until the next. Crazy and unbearable at times. I just ask that you please pray for all of the families who are grieving the loss of a child. It is something that no one should ever have to deal with. But I also pray that these families have faith that their child is safe in heaven and is happy with God. Emily and Matthew's favorite thing to do after church is to light a candle for their Wittle Bubba. It is so sweet and heartwarming to watch them as they pray to God for their little brother. I thank God for our faith!
Once again, I ask that you pray for sick children. Patrick Lall's surgery has been moved (once again) to tomorrow. PLEASE pray that his surgery goes well and that his parents can take him home soon. There are so many heart babies who need prayers right now. These children are amazing and are so much stronger than I could ever hope to be. Our friend, Hans (who has neuroblastoma), is still fighting like a champ. Please pray that Hans keeps up his fight and beats this horrible disease. God bless you all and have a wonderful rest of your week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuatro looks like he/she is getting his/her fists ready to fight Matt-moo! We love you very much. Thanks for letting us borrow Mom and Dad.

Love,
-Katie

Em said...

Hey- my friend had placenta previa and it took care of itself by about 22 weeks! Good luck-we will pray for you!

The B Family said...

We miss our angels so much and every day is such a struggle to "move on". I am so proud of you, my friend! Each time we talk and each time I read your words, I realize more and more just why God chose you to love Luke. You are an amazing woman, mother, wife and friend! Truly, we are the ones that have been blessed. I can't imagine my life without Annabelle...even only having her in my arms for 8 weeks. They have made us so much MORE!
I continue to pray for your newest family member and you, Bernie, as you heal a little and experience the joy that all children are!
Love you~ Rebecca

Lauren said...

Congrats on your new little miracle! We are still praying for you.

Love,
Lauren (Hampton) Johnson

DeniseHunter said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. We love hearing how everyone is doing and miss you guys terribly, especially now that school has started and we don't see you every MWF. We miss all of your smiling faces at prayer time. You are in our prayers and we think of you all the time.

We love you!

Denise H. and Little Saints

The Ridgway Family said...

Bernie, that was beautiful. I miss my little angel daily, but some days are just harder than others. I am so thankful that I can gain strength from others who know exactly how I feel. As Rebecca said, we are really so blessed to be the mother's to such amazing, special babies. I will always be thankful that the Lord blessed me with Eden, even for the short time that it was.

I think and pray for you often that your next little miracle will be healthy and strong. You inspire me as I really want to have another as well, but I am so afraid right now. Thank you!

Keisa

thetsatouchedme said...

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you and miss you so much. Watch out for your Grandpa for your Haberman Grandma tonight. And don't forget your uncles, aunts, and cousins. I know you're keeping an eye on them, buddy. I love you so much. Love, Aunt Katie.

Kelly Thomas said...

Wishing Luke had a happy 6th months in peace (plus 1 day) and wishing you serenity and health. Love you and still praying for you guys!