Thursday, September 18, 2008

six months and five months...

Good evening everyone! First off, I need to explain why I failed to write an update on Luke's six month birthday. We had planned to "introduce" everyone to our angel via video. But, as luck would have it, our video camera and dvd were unable to "save" to our computer. So, I am sending the disk to my sister, Katie, to edit for us. Hopefully, you will be able to see and hear our precious boy very soon! I can guarantee that you will be amazed and in awe of our gorgeous son! As each month passes, I can't help but think about Luke and what he would be like. I know he is smiling down on us and is saying lots of prayers for us.

It has been five months since our Luke entered heaven. That night was awful. It is not something I like to remember. I try to remember the times when Luke seemed so full of life and seemed like he wasn't seriously ill. If you were blessed enough to meet Luke, you would know what I mean. Luke did not look sick, he did not act sick, he was just a beautiful baby boy. He was perfect and I am so sad that his heart was not perfect. But, I am at peace with the fact that Luke's heart is now perfect, just as he is. I still pray that no one forgets our angel or the joy and faith that he brought to so many lives.

As you all know, Tommy and I grew up in the Houston area. Hurricane Ike caused a great deal of damage on the East Texas coast and many people are still without power. My father has been in Magnolia since last week (mom is still in MN) and still has no power. Nana (Tommy's mom) stayed with Dad during and after the hurricane. Nana still doesn't have power, either. Luckily, they didn't have any damage to their homes, but a number of people in the area did have damage. We were lucky to have my friend, Amy and her three kiddos come to visit us on their way to Indiana. They decided to leave Magnolia when the lack of power got to be too much. The kids had so much fun playing with Rocco, Addie, and Baby Jack. Please pray for those affected by Hurricane Ike. I had written about Luke's CVICU friend, Patrick, a few weeks ago. Patrick had his surgery the day before Ike hit and was on the ventilator during the storm. How scary for his parents! But TCH is great and I am so happy to say that Patrick is doing wonderfully post-op. Thank you for your prayers for him and please keep them coming for all the heart babies facing surgery.

On Baby #4 front (we call him/her Cuatro--thank you to Amy), we are still on track. I went to see Dr. Tinker today and the baby's heart sounded great at 155 beats. Dr. Tinker was pleased and we are going to have an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check and see if my placenta previa is gone. We have a level 2 ultrasound scheduled for October 15th. We are excited to see our baby, but are nervous about any possible chds. I have been feeling some little movements and I LOVE it. I truly never thought I would feel this miracle again. We are so thankful and feel so blessed with this baby. We would appreciate any prayers for our little sweetie and for a healthy heart. God bless you all and have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that October 15 is about the best day in the whole calendar right (besides March 12, that is)?

I am glad that things went well today. Don't forget what I passed on from my doctor. EEEEWWWWWW!

I love you so much, and I know that Luke is looking down on his family tonight and is so proud of you all.

Love,
-Katie

The B Family said...

Happy Angel Day to Luke! You know as hard as that day is for us, I bet those little stinkers are having a party and enjoying every second...and probably thinking "just wait, mommy...you'll know soon enough why I love it here!" It's still so hard and the pain that we have to live with every day is crippling sometimes. I am so thankful for Baby Cuatro and the joy that this precious child is bringing to you right now. You know, Bernie, that Luke loves to see his mommy so happy...you deserve it! I am continuing to pray for a healthy baby and for your peace of mind.
We are off to Charleston to walk for Annabelle this weekend...another milestone that I don't want to face without her in my arms. Thank you, precious friend, for your update...you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I can just imagine the giggles going on in heaven right now!
Love to you & special Angel Hugs~ Rebecca

The Ridgway Family said...

Just as Rebecca stated, Happy Angel Day to Luke. I too believe that they are all up in heaven right now running, laughing and playing and having a fabulous time. I am so happy for baby Cuatro as well. I think of you constantly and I pray that all is perfect with this little miracle. I think daily of when we should get pregnant again and I wonder if I have the faith to do it all again. You have been such an example to me of Faith in the Lord's plan and for that I thank you! I can't wait to hear how the level 2 goes.

Keisa