
I just wanted to write a quick post to wish my first baby, Tommy, a VERY happy birthday! Tommy and I have been through a lot over the years and especially the past few months. Our love has not faltered, only grown stronger. If you haven't met Tommy, let me tell you a little bit about him. Tommy gets a lot of teasing for being too quiet (which is pretty tough when you are married to someone like me who won't ever shut up). My sisters always tend to be on his case because he just stays so quiet a lot of the time. Truth be told, Tommy is a lot like my dad, so my sisters probably feel as though they have a "right" to tease him (plus he is younger than them--like the younger brother they never had). The fact of the matter if that Tommy amazes me each and every day. Behind that reserved demeanor lies great strength. I can always count on him to be the voice of reason when I am the picture of frustration. And as much as I tease him for being so quiet, he really does talk--a lot! I love to see Tommy interact with our kiddos. He is always so animated and fun. They are his world. He is so cute with them when they are babies. He makes this little babble sound with them, encouraging them to talk back to him. It always works! He is amazing with his babies--jovial and cheerful. Tommy was so kind with Luke. They were buddies. Tommy was Luke's protector. He was so strong the whole time--at the hospital looking at all of the lines and wires coming from our tiny son, at home feeding him the "correct" way (yes, there was a certain "way" we had to feed Luke), and at Luke's goodbye holding me when I could no longer stand up. I am so blessed that God put this man in my life and I am so thankful that Tommy asked me to marry him almost nine years ago. Thank you to Nana and Pop Pop for your "surprise" baby boy--he is perfectly incredible! Happy birthday, Tommy!
Thank you once again for all of your thoughts and prayers. We still welcome any heavenly help from all of our friends, old and new. God Bless you all! Oh, and I am including some fun pictures that my sister Brigid took at her house. We had fun at our little photo shoot. Here they are:

The Fam

Simply Stunning

He looks a little pained, doesn't he?
Surprise!

4 comments:
Happy birthday Tommy. We miss you guys like crazy. Here's hoping to a fun day of birthday bliss and unpacking. It just doesn't get any better than that. Love ya.
Jacque
Bernie very nice! I am excited that you are keeping a blog to be able to keep up with you. You are on my mind often! I am going to post your blog on mine. http://fordgingahead.blogspot.com
Hope all is well! Colleen
Happy Birthday Tommy!
Great pictures. Beautiful kids. Love the blog.
Happy 5 months Luke and a Happy Belated Birthday to Tommy. The page looks GREAT and I absolutely love the pictures. Emily is so pretty and Matthew just makes me laugh...he's such a character!
Post a Comment