If you have read our blog from the beginning, you are aware that I am constantly looking for signs. I search for signs of our baby boy everywhere I go. Probably the biggest sign so far was during our first ultrasound (with Dr. Westmoreland in Houston). When we saw the baby, saw the heartbeat (to say that was emotional is an understatement), and heard the heartbeat, we were ecstatic. But nothing could prepare us for what we were about to hear: Dr. Westmoreland announced the due date as March 12th. What bigger sign could God and Luke have sent other than the fact that our new baby's due date was on Luke's birthday? Since then, I have had two ultrasounds here in Tennessee. They have moved the due date up to March 7th, right before our sweet angel's first birthday. I have found a great, caring doctor here who is well aware of Luke's journey. We have already discussed the precautions that we will take with this baby: level 2 ultrasounds and fetal echo cardiograms. Dr. Tinker is very understanding of all of my worries and he is definitely patient with my nerves.
As you can probably imagine, we are quite nervous about our new baby's heart. We were given a lot of statistics in regards to the heritability of HLHS and other CHDs. But we have faith that God will not give us more than we can handle. We are ready to face anything that may come our way. Like I said, we are so excited about this new baby and he/she is a true blessing and a miracle, just as all children are. We ask that you please keep Baby Haberman #4 in your prayers through the next few months. We are praying for a healthy heart and an uneventful 9 months. At about 20 weeks, we will have our first fetal echo cardiogram with a cardiologist and will have another at about 30 weeks to check for any signs of a CHD. As I mentioned above, we will also have a few level 2 ultrasounds to double check everything. This time, we should know for sure whether we are expecting a boy or girl--no more surprises as was the case with our sweet Luke! :) Here is a picture of one of our ultrasounds for your viewing pleasure. There are arms and legs, he/she just has them tucked in. :) Enjoy!

I have an emergency prayer request. Our friends Rich and Jacque's baby girl, Alyn (who is a few months younger than Luke), has to have an emergency surgery today. Yesterday, she was diagnosed with pyloric stenosis and the muscle between her stomach and intestine is contracting too much, causing severe vomiting. The surgery is pretty straightforward, but it is never fun to have your baby out of your hands (believe me, we have done it with all three of ours). Rich and Jacque are very dear friends and are the ones who introduced me and Tommy. Without them, we wouldn't have our special little family. I will update on Alyn on the next entry.
Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. You all have been amazing and we appreciate all of your kindness. By the way, our e-mail has changed. It is now thomas.haberman@att.net. Unfortunately when we changed services, they erased our address book. So, if you usually receive e-mails from us, would you mind sending a quick e-mail to this address so that we can re-add you to our address book? Thanks so much!!!!

22 comments:
Congratulations!!! What amazing news! I am thrilled that you have something so exciting in your future. What a blessing!
I knew it! Oh Bernie, I'm so happy for you. What an amazing gift for your family. You have been in my thoughts so often since I heard about sweet Luke, and I'm just so thrilled for all of you.
Amy (Schrader) Liddell
Hello Bernie and Tommy,
What wonderful news to hear that God is blessing your lives with another child! I am so happy for you! I know Emily and Matthew must be soooo excited! I'm glad you've found a Dr. that you are comfortable with and will take good care of you through the pregnancy.
I have not seen your Collierville address posted. Are you going to let us know that?
I was like your Mom, I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment here because I didn't notice the "comment" down at the bottom of the blog!!
I think of you always.
Virginia Cox
Congratulations Bernie, Tommy, Emily and Matthew. Our God is so Awesome. We'll be praying for you and baby. God's Peace and Blessings.
Annie Ferguson
CONGRATS!!! I'm so thrilled for you and you family! I, like you, love babies and you are such an amazing mommy to all of yours! I'll definietly be praying for the new little life as well as Jacque's baby. I am so glad you mentioned her because I had no idea. I'll take them a meal or something this week and send many prayers their way. Congrats again and I know how excited you must be. Enjoy it and try not to worry too much.
Congratulations!!!! That is great news! Isn't it amazing how God works. It sounds like He is continually blessing you guys exceedingly abudantly more than you could even ask. Kids are definitely a blessing from God, just as being aligned with the right spiritual church/priest and doctor! He's just making this transition so smooth for you and it's all happening in His perfect will and timing for your life. I'll have to bookmark this blog and put it on my blog roll to keep.
Always in my prayers,
Angie
Oh Bernie...congratulations! What a special gift your little boy has sent!
Congratulations Bernie!! My eyes filled with tears when I read the news. I will keep you and the baby (and of course the rest of the family) in my prayers. I am sure that little Luke is watching his little brother/sister from up above and keeping him/her safe. Thanks for the email address. The girls miss Emily and Matthew and would like you to please tell them hello. Take care.
Congratulations!!! What wonderful news, and how special that the due date is so close to Luke's birthday. I will pray for an uneventful pregnancy and a very, healthy baby.
Jill Tresaugue
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What awesome news...I am so happy for you and your family and will be keeping baby #4 in my prayers. Praying for a healthy heart...best wishes!
"Everything happens for a reason."
Shannon Mason
www.carepages.com
cp:CarlieMichelle
Woo hoo! I prayed for this surprise! I miss you guys and wish that I could be there to give you a big hug. What a wonderful gift from God and Angel Luke!
Dear Bernie, Tommy, Emily and Matthew-
Your happy news was received with much joy! I am thrilled for all of you and send my best wishes your way! It sounds like you are in a good place now (in many ways!) and i wish all of you only the very best!
Gisela Bradley
Bernie -
Congratulations. That is wonderful news. I thought maybe that was what you were alluding to from your message on Facebook! I am so happy for you guys. I will be praying for all of you.
Take care -
Kristen Maxey Wemyss
Okay Bernie~ Now you have the tears going here, too! I am SO full of joy and happiness for you!!! Oh, yes, Luke definitely had something to do with this! What a special gift from God...I will be praying for you throughout this pregnancy...for peace of mind and a healthy heart!
Love and blessings to you~ Rebecca
We are so thrilled to hear your news and will keep you covered with prayers. We will pray for a very uneventful 9 months! (Course you are 11 1/2 weeks along!) Having had 2 babies and a miscarriage, I know that those uneventful times are such a blessing! Know that God will never leave you nor forsake you! God is good all the time and ALL the time, God is good! God bless you all!
Melissa Allen Hatch
Congratulations Bernie & Tommy! Wonderful news - we will keep you and your beautiful family in our prayers as you begin this next journey - so many changes in this year! Best of luck and keep us posted! I know your angel Luke is smiling on all of you daily.
Jennifer (Rodman) DeFatta
Yay Bernie!!! I am so excited for you and your family. A due date of March 12th is MUCH more than a coincidence. God's Blessings to you and baby (cuatro)! :)
amy
I'm so happy to hear this beautiful news and am praying for a smooth pregnancy for you.
Bernie, I am so happy for you and your family. I have followed the caringbridge site and prayed for you and your family. You are so brave.
You are missed here in The Woodlands! Keep us updated!
Betsy Whitehead
Bernie,
Congratulations! I am so happy to hear about your newest addition. Prepare for a roller coaster of emotions, but know in the end having that little one in your arms is often the best therapy when you are missing Luke. No one will ever take his place, but know that your new little one has such a special place.
You will all be in my prayers and if you need anything or just to talk, you know where to find me!
Kelly
Oh Bernie! I am sooo happy for you and your family. What a blessing. Please keep us updated on you and your family.
Love, Denise
Congratulations and prayers, Bernie and family!
Post a Comment