Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some Pre- and Post-Op Pics

In the waiting room before surgery with Daddy

Look at this cutie! What a smile!


Dressed in his gown, ready for his Versed.


Post-Op in the PICU

Look at me, I can FLY!
Going for a ride to the cafeteria with Mommy and Daddy

Didn't Tommy do an amazing job of writing on the blog last night? Today has been a busy day, to say the least. Right now we are working on eating. James doesn't seem to be hurting all that much (he is only on Tylenol), but he is scared to eat. If you all could say some prayers that he starts eating better, that would be great. His IV began to leak earlier (which is what happens when a little boy tries to cruise around the crib when he has an IV in his foot), so they took it out. They will remove the feeding tube tonight, so he MUST eat. Dr. Marsh's nurse, DeeAnn, has been amazing and she is really doing a lot to help our little man eat. The nurses and doctors here have been great, too. And I must say that the FREE ICEES are the bomb diggity (did I really just say that?). Be sure to look at the post below for a funny pre-op video. And this is for Emily and Matthew--we love you very much and we can't wait to see you soon. We hope you love the pics of your baby brother...he misses you, too. And no Matthew, they didn't cut off James' whole tongue! God bless you all and thank you so much for checking up on us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not even the same kid!

Love,
The cousins from MN

Kelly Thomas said...

So glad the recovery is going well. Praying he starts eating soon! (and James, I so hope bomb diggity isn't one of your first words!) lol!

Jenncampbell74 said...

Bomb Diggity! Never gonna let you live that one down! Sooooo glad everything went as planned. Praying that he starts to eat soon. He looks great!!! Love the flying pic!! :) - Jenn

Hans Weberling said...

Oh, he's so beautiful, Bernie! You and Tommy knock out some gorgeous kiddos!

Good luck getting him to eat and getting out of the hospital QUICK!

Kelly Lowry said...

Bernie-I think I should hop in the car now and come to St. Louis with some cake. I saw him on his birthday and I KNOW that the boy cannot resist cake. He could eat enough that he wouldn't have to worry about eating again for a few days!

Seriously - I am sure he will eat soon. He loves food and eventually will not be able to resist. He just needs a little practice with his new designer tongue!

Kelly Lowry

The Anthamattens said...

Yay! He looks so great. We will pray that he eats well and gets to come home soon.
The Anthamattens