THREE YEARS.

This sweet face would be three years old today. He would be running, he would be laughing, he would be talking. He would be doing so much at three years old. He would be wrestling with his brothers, he would be snuggling with his sissy, he would still be fighting for his life.
Over the past three years, I have found a lot of peace. Things are still difficult and the past few weeks (and those to come) have been filled with ups and downs. But, I have come to realize that our Luke is at peace and that we, too, need to be at peace. The pain and suffering that he would have most likely faced for much of his life was replaced with a miracle: the miracle of life in heaven.
Life in heaven. What is that like? I know that we are taught that heaven is paradise. And I believe that. But I often wonder what it is like. Do we walk in heaven? Do we fly in heaven? Do we recognize & reconnect with those who we loved & knew here on earth? Will Luke know me? Will he remember me? All of these questions are constantly on my mind.
So I have a proposition for each of you: please take the time to respond to this post with your idea of what heaven is like. What things do you believe we will see, feel, and experience in heaven? I know that heaven is more amazing than anything that we could ever imagine, but the human in me wants to know concrete details. As Luke celebrates his third birthday in heaven, I would love to hear your beliefs on what it is like to live with God in heaven. Thank you, in advance, for your thoughts. God bless you all!

7 comments:
Happy birthday, sweet boy!!!!!
Friend, read Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo...it will bring your precious Luke much closer than you think! He knows you and is waiting for you!!!! It is an easy read...I read it in half a day but amazing!
What I love most is that I know our babies are surrounded by love in the purest way and are experiencing joy...all the while knowing that they belong to us and that we will one day be with them!
Prayers for you all today...on this sacred day chosen just for your Luke!
I believe heaven is love and heaven is peace. And what would love be without reuniting with everyone that meant something to you on earth. And the love you feel is the incredible, intense love that God feels. No selfishness, no egos, no anger. The love that He wants for us on earth.
The peace you have is in the all knowing. Knowing what His plan was all about. Understanding why things happen the way they do. Understanding the pain, anguish or turmoil that someone has gone through that has made them who they are for better or for worse and embracing it. Understanding what your life meant and how it was intertwined in His plan.
The judgement is gone; you no longer judge others, others no longer judge you, you no longer judge yourself. His judgment is the only one that exists. And he is a loving God. He is a forgiving God.
But the words I use here cannot even begin to describe what God's kingdom in heaven is like. The warmth, love, contentment, and peace that Luke is feeling is beyond our human capabilities. How wonderful is it to know that what he has by far exceeds the best that we can imagine?
I had a conversation with my two little boys about heaven, ages 4 and 6, and they have some great thoughts about what heaven is like. The older one knows they have toys in heaven but he has many questions about if it is your spirit in heaven or your body. The younger one know that animals will be there becuase we had a neighbor and when their dog died he knew it went to heaven. Then they asked me what I thought and I told them that I think everything that makes you happy will surround you in heaven and the weather will be exactly as it is in Florida at this very moment. Great conversations to have with my children.
Thinking of Luke now and always.
Happy Birthday, Luke! I think heaven is the best, especially for a child. Children are perfect so you know they are right back in the presence of their Heavenly Father. I am certain Luke knows his ancestors, is watching over your family, and will be waiting with open arms when he sees you all again. I know you will be his mom in heaven, just as you are here on earth. I don't think Heavenly Father would ever create a plan that did not lead us back to him and our families. The family is ordained of God and I believe it can last through the eternities. I love you, Haberman family and am thinking of you this week!
I know this is belated but I have been putting great thought to this question. It has baffled me. I know Heaven is wonderful. In my mind, Heaven is bright with sunshine. The kind of sunshine that warms your whole body when it bathes your face. There's a cool breeze and the smell of fresh grass. Heaven has tons of flowers and the feeling of joy and peace. Most enjoyably, the sound of children laughing and playing. Squeels of delight and pure enjoyment ring loud and clear.
To me, that is Heaven.
Something that I'm aching to know. One of those things that can drive me up a wall thinking about and trying to figure out.
Sometimes I have the "puffy clouds" vision where everything is just calm and blissful... but then I realize that Heaven is everything we want and desire - and my life wouldn't be complete without a huge messy room of crafts and party planning chaos - so then I picture it to be the ultimate self-cleaning craft room where when I start a project and lose interest and it's immediately finished ;)
I picture loved ones who were sick or in pain on earth, happy and healthy waiting for reunions high fiving them as they come in (although the high five thing is probably just more of a weird dream for me haha). I see pets - whether or not people will say they will be there. I see worldly wishes and desires forgotten and I can see us almost laughing at all the petty stuff we stressed about on earth.
It's so tough to be so far away from someone you love and fully comprehend that the place they are in is SO much better. One day when the reunion comes Luke will be able to wrap his arms around you and thank you for the love you gave him for the 9months and 5 weeks he was here - and for every second of every day of every year that you did not let his memory fade. You are an amazing mom and Luke was lucky to have you.
Luke will know you and be a part of your welcoming comity as you enter!! He will sing when he sees you and can once again hold you. I see heaven as a place where you can see through the pains we know here on earth and know the reasons for the pains. I think Luke knows why he was sent to you and only allowed to stay a short time. God is an amazing event planner. He has a plan. Luke is part of your plan. We have to try to focus on the things we learn through our losses, the joys we find in our memories and the love that is strengthened in our families and relationships. Luke lived a short time, but he was here. He has a purpose. He is amazing. He is yours. You are more because of him, not less. He has helped create an incredibly compassionate and truly wonderful woman out of you. I am proud to know you and now to know Luke. He's always with you. He is now part of you. He has just changed me. He is still doing God's work. Thank you so much for sharing him with me. Love & Prayers. -Britt
Post a Comment