* FYI, we had a great year for Luke's Tree and I will update later along with pictures, but this update is extremely important *
Good evening everyone. My sister Rita and her family received some very heart wrenching news about my nephew Greg yesterday. They were told that Greg has lymphoma. They are not yet sure which type of lymphoma, but they are doing a biopsy on Monday. We are praying that Greg has Hodgkin's Lymphoma as it is more easily treated. Please help us pray that this is the case.
You can see the CaringBridge site that they have set up at: www.caringbridge.org/visit/gregpurvis
To say that this has devastated Rita, Mike, Greg, and Clare would be an understatement. One day, he is totally fine and the next, he has cancer. It sucks. It sucks. It sucks.
Greg is a wonderful 13 year old. He plays football and lacrosse. He is smart, kind, awesome with little kids, and is quite handsome. Greg is strong and he will get through this.
I am having a difficult time dealing with the fact that another one of the 16 grandchildren is sick. We have had 2 heart defects, 1 omphalocele (with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome), arthritis, and now cancer. Cancer. The "C" word. It's not supposed to happen to my sweet nephew. The nephew who I have seen grow up into an amazing young man. One who treats adults with respect and who treats others with compassion. I am not biased. People have always told Rita what a sweet young man Greg is. And did I mention what a handsome boy he is? :)
Thank you, in advance, for your thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to leave Greg, Rita, Mike, and Clare a message on their site. I know how much they would appreciate any and all kind words.
God bless,
Bernie

No comments:
Post a Comment