Sunday, November 28, 2010

Luke's Tree 2010 is HERE!


Hi everyone,


I have been meaning to write, but have been so busy!!!! Below are some pictures from Emily's 8th birthday party and Halloween. They are cute as we had a pink pirate, a ninja warrior, and a sock monkey (Tommy's idea). I wish we had better pictures, but the kids were too excited to pose for me.


One thing I want to let you all know about is LUKE'S TREE! Yup, we are in our second year and it is going to be a GREAT one. This year, we have 16 FAMILIES--all with amazing and miraculous stories. It has been a blessing to hear each story and I am so thankful that they will have one less thing to worry about this year.


We also have a new website this year: http://www.lukestree.org/. My sister Katie has done a great job helping us out with the site (I am not internet savvy at all and she put it all together for us). On the front page of the website, there are two quilts up for bid: one sewn by my mother and one sewn by my friend (whose nephew passed away from HLHS). You can contact me at bernie@lukestree.org if you would like to bid on the quilts. If you are interested in helping to adopt a family, we still have one left. If you cannot adopt a family but still want to help, you can send individual items or gift cards, too. Just e-mail me and I can get you the information that you need. Of course, the biggest thing that we need is prayer. We are praying that this year will be even more successful than last year and we are pretty positive that this will happen!


OK, I need to go now as we are settling in at home after a fun Thanksgiving with Gramma, Grampa, Aunt Rita, Aunt Brigid, Uncle Fern, and our cousins. We are so thankful for the support from family, friends, and strangers. God bless you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bernie, today we were coming back from Houstong (seeing "The Grinch" at TUTS) and we passed Luke's resting spot. I immediately thought of you and Luke and said a little prayer. Just wanted to tell you.

Claire Hand