Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to Emily

From this...



To this...

And this...


Happy birthday to our sweet Emily Bernadette. I can't believe it has been 8 years since
she arrived with a vengeance. We celebrated this past week in Georgia a few times...once with Gramma (her birthday was on the 14th) and again with Great Gramma (hers is on the 27th). I am bringing her some lunch and cupcakes tomorrow and we will celebrate again tomorrow evening. Her birthday party is on Halloween at the skating rink and she is so excited! As I did with Matthew, I would like to write Emily a little note. Here it goes, Emily...
I remember the day I found out that you were in my belly. Daddy and I wanted a baby for a very long time and I was so excited on Valentine's Day 2002 that I was pregnant with you! What a great Valentine's Day present for us and birthday present for me!!!! I will never forget that day because that is when I first knew that I was a Mommy. When we found out that you were a girl, I wasn't too surprised because I knew in my heart that you were my Emily. We gave you the middle name Bernadette, after Great Gramma, Gramma, and Mommy. Daddy and I immediately bought lots of pink clothes for our baby girl! I really can't believe that 8 years have passed since we first met you. You were beautiful then and are beautiful today. I am so proud of the little lady you have become and I look forward to sharing our "girl time" as you get older. These are the things that I love about you:
* I love your compassion. You are kind to others (except sometimes your bubba) and I am so proud of the way you treat your friends.
* I love your enthusiasm for learning.
* I love that you have empathy for those who are hurting.
* I love that you held our hands during Luke's funeral--it meant so much to me and Daddy.
* I love snuggling with you each morning.
* I love our pedicure dates.
* I love your hair--it is so soft!
* I love it when you sing with your I Pod.
* I love how gorgeous you are.
* I love having conversations with you--you are so mature.
* I love how determined you are to beat your arthritis...and you are doing just that!
* I love the notes you write to me and Daddy--they make us smile (even the ones you write when you are mad).
* I love how much you are into fashion (much more-so than Mommy).
* I love how much you love your brothers (yes, even Matthew).
* I love the relationship that you have with Daddy--you guys make me smile.
* I love that you are my girl, my only girl.
I love so many more things about you, sweet Emily. You and your brothers are so important to me and Daddy. I want to thank you for making me a Mommy. Thank you for doing "girly" things with me...pedicures, shopping, dancing, singing, etc. I am so thankful that God gave you to me. I am so excited for you, especially as you celebrate your First Reconciliation and First Communion. Eight is a big year for you, so make the most of it.
I love you,
Mommy
PS To all of our friends, Emily would LOVE it if you wrote her a quick birthday note. She was so excited that I am writing a post about her and her birthday, so if you know her (or if you don't), please feel free to leave her a quick note. Thank you and God bless!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Emily,
Happy birthday sweet girl! We miss you in Texas. Ms. Kim and I are teaching Faith Formation. I know if you lived here you would be in our class with the rest of your Little Saints buddies. I love what a beautiful young lady you a re. Have a great year!
Love,
Ms. Katie and the Kozak crew

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! Hope you have a fun day celebrating with your class and your family. Catherine would love to be at your party on Sunday -- she'll be there in spirit :) Have a great year being 8 years old!
Love, Ms. Laura

Erin Rocks Life said...

Happy Birthday Emily. You don't know us but I have an 8 year old daughter as well who gives me as much happiness and pride as you give your Mommy. Hugs and happiness to you on your 8th birthday. Being 8 is AWESOME!

The Dickermans
Humble, TX

Erin Rocks Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grampa said...

Happy Birthday Emmy. Your Mom forgot to say how you always smell so good. I love you. Grampa.

Anonymous said...

Emily -

we love you sooooo much. You are my princess and I love it. I hope you have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily from your favorite Auntie Rita. I love you and miss you and the invitation is always open for you to live with me if your mommy makes you mad. Just leave her one of those famous notes of yours...

Love, Rita

Hans Weberling said...

Dear Emily,
Happy Birthday!
You are clearly a very special girl.
Enjoy! Keep on making mommy proud!

Love, Miss Lara
(from little saints!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I love that you are a perfect example for my daughter of the girl I want her to become. Thanks for always being such a sweet girl and for your wicked fashion sense!

Kelly Lowry

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! We love you very much and hope you have a great birthday! Love, Brigid, Fern, Isabel, Cecilia and Sabrina

Jamie said...

Happy birthday Emily!!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!! You are a lucky gal to have a mama that loves you SO much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!!! Rich and I were so excited to meet you. We came up to the hospital when you were about 18 hours old and I was amazed how much you looked like your daddy. You were one of the most beautiful babies I had ever seen and I fell in love immediately. You are the coolest 8 year old that I know and we are so proud of you. Love and miss you, Jacque

gramma said...

Hi Em, I want to wish you a very happy birthday! I love it when you get excited about shoes! I know you love them as much as I do. I love it when you snuggle with me and we eat popcorn. you make me happy to be your gramma! I love you.

Lori Davis said...

Dear Emily,
Happy Birthday! I hope you had the greatest day! I know you loved all those celebrations for you... who wouldn't?? I am not Catholic, but I just went to my first "First Communion" for my neighbor and it was so special. I am happy you will get to experience this important day. You are an amazing little girl!
Love, your mom's friend, Lori :)