Just a quick note tonight...I just wanted to let Luke know how much I am missing him tonight. I miss him every day, but there are some days (such as today) when the loss seems so unbearable and I feel like I can't stop crying. Luke, I miss you more than you could ever know. Thank you for your strength (I wish I had an ounce of it), your beauty (again, an ounce), and your wisdom. Thank you for asking God to send us another child and thank you for being his guardian angel. I was talking to someone yesterday about how James had two true knots in his cord and how it was a miracle that he made it. She told me that James must have had a guardian angel looking out for him...that's when it hit me: Luke is James' guardian angel and he made sure to keep James safe in my womb until he was born. I don't know why I never thought of that before. That's how I know that James is going to be ok...Luke won't let anything happen to him, he will always be watching over him, asking God to protect him. As my mother says, Luke is sitting on our shoulders and is keeping us all safe. Thank you to our dear angel, what an amazing soul!
Thanks for letting me let out my emotions tonight...it has been a tough week as one of my dear friends here lost her mother suddenly this weekend. Kimberly set up the Sacrament of Healing when we first found out about James' omphalocele and she also set up meals for us after James was born. Kimberly has been a constant source of prayer and support for our family since we moved here and I am so saddened by her loss. Her mother Linda and father Bob (a deacon at our parish) raised an amazingly faithful woman and I commend them for that!
Our house has been pretty low key, waiting for school to start. Emily can't wait to start first grade and she is looking forward to finding out who her teacher is this week. Matt found out his teachers last week, but won't start school until the end of the month. They love each other a lot, but seem to be losing more and more patience with each other as the summer winds down. James is trucking along and he will be 6 months old next week. He is a little chunk and no one can believe he is only 6 months old. Oh, if anyone has any idea on how to get rid of cradle cap (or the dried skin left behind), please let me know--this kid has the worst case of it ever!!!! I took the three of them to get some pictures taken today and will post them when I have time to scan them into the computer.
Thanks, once again, for listening to my ramblings...you guys are awesome! God bless!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I can't begin to imagine your pain, but I admire how you deal with it daily. You are such a beautiful person, Bernie! Your faith inspires everyone who is blessed to have you in their lives!
Bernie, I have been thinking a lot about Luke the past few days as well. I had a tough time going to sleep the night before last thinking about him. With your mother away in Macon there is plenty of time for reflection. Each time I pass his picture in the family room I can't help but think how much I loved him and how much he meant to me. I miss him. I am going to try to go by the cemetery on Saturday.
It was so good to hear that the prognosis for James is good. I love him, Emily and Matt.
Love Dad.
Thinking and praying for you.
Oh, the waves hit us hard somedays, don't they? You are so strong, Bernie...believe it or not! You carry your son's spirit within you and have inspired and strengthened me so many times. It is an honor to know you and to share your heart. James is a precious, precious gift from above and he's so blessed to have Luke as his big brother & angel!
Can't wait to see the pictures...and I can't believe that James is 6 months old already!
I imagine having the pictures taken was hard, too...I know that I am already anticipating the sorrow of having the first brother picture taken without a little girl in there. Someone will always be missing from our pictures...it's hard but I am so thankful that we have HOPE and we know we will see them and hold them and kiss their soft cheeks again!
Blessings & love to you~ Rebecca
As a fellow mother with a child who was given a special heart, my heart aches for you. Our daughter, Leah is 5 and is such a gift to us. She underwent open heart surgery when she was 10 days old and now speaks about Jesus in ways that are bone chilling to us. She speaks about, "remember when I was a baby and I sawed Jesus?" She speaks about him holding her. Our son, Luke turned 7 yesterday. Luke is my favorite boy name. Wanted to share my thoughts with you and tell you I will say a prayer for you tonight. Oh, and I can send you something that will get rid of cradle cap if you'd like to email me your address. I promise I'm just a normal mom like you. :)
Lisa ml@mlmoen.com
I just came across your blog from another heart family. My sister lost a baby girl to HLHS, so I have a special place in my heart for all you heart families!
I'll be thinking and praying for you!
My daughter also had cradle cap pretty bad. After her bath, I would squirt some baby oil on her head and let it sit for a few minutes. (I usually hold her in a towel on her back so it doesn't run into her face) Then I use a toothbrush to scrub the skin lightly, and then was away with baby shampoo. (Not the baby wash, but the actual shampoo.) Keep doing this every day or every couple of days until gone.
Good luck!
Post a Comment