
Emily and Matthew before Mass on Christmas Eve

Me and Tommy before Mass

Tommy and Nana before Mass
I know it's a dark video, but I thought the kids looked cute throwing out reindeer food for Rudolph and his friends. We mixed oatmeal and sugar crystals so that the reindeer could see the food from the sky. This is a tradition that the kids love!

These are a few new pics of Sweet Baby James at 30 weeks, 2 days. James is still growing well and is at the 46% for size. We are feeling so thankful and so blessed that he is doing so well with his growth. Although the omphalocele is staying stable (thank you, God!), the perinatalogist thought that he saw a little liver in there, so we are praying that this is not the case. ***As a side note, the tech said it was still only small bowel*** We are feeling more confident that the omphalocele is all that we will be dealing with and I am constantly thankful to God for giving me moments of peace that all will be ok with our little boy. I feel so selfish for always asking for prayers, but I know that they work and that God is hearing them, so please keep them coming! We are still praying for a miracle and that the omphalocele will go away--we do believe in miracles!!!! We are also still praying for no chromosomal issues, no growth in the omphalocele, continued growth for James, and that only the small bowel remains. Thank you, in advance, for your prayers! PS...I love the pic of James sucking his thumb--he was also sticking his tongue out at the kids when they were in the ultrasound room!
BIG NEWS! Emily had a huge day today...after growing it out for 1 1/2 years, Emily cut her hair today. She is donating it to Locks of Love and is so happy that she will be able to help another child who is sick. We are so proud of our little girl and we think she looks just fabulous with her stacked cut! Above is Emily's before picture.
BIG NEWS! Emily had a huge day today...after growing it out for 1 1/2 years, Emily cut her hair today. She is donating it to Locks of Love and is so happy that she will be able to help another child who is sick. We are so proud of our little girl and we think she looks just fabulous with her stacked cut! Above is Emily's before picture.




8 comments:
She looks so grown up!
I wish we could have spent some time with you around Christmas, but the distance makes that hard. I hope you know that we had Luke in our thoughts (as we do every day), and that we prayed for strength for all of you. We love you lots and miss you very much!
Love,
The Tierneys
I wish you all a Happy 2009. God will hear all our prayers and Angel Luke will help his brother, I'm sure. In Emily's generosity I see the evidence of the values her parents and grandparents have taught her through their words and acts. Congratulations to this brave girl! My admiration to her family. We keep you all in our prayers and in our heart. May God bless you all
Los quiero mucho, mucho
Marta y Rolando
Buenos Aires
Argentina
I send you New Year's blessings. May God provide you all with abundant love and peace, as well as health for you and your beautiful baby...especially little James.
I LOVE Emily's new haircut! That is just adorable on her! Oh, and Bernie, don't you know the precious hearts your oldest two have for her to make such a selfless choice to give to others! Amazing girl!
I got the biggest kick out of James' picture of him sucking his thumb! It warms my heart to see them doing baby-stuff in utero! He stays in our prayers!!
Luke and Annabelle have given us so much...and I know they are both continually blessing us with their spirits!
With HOPE in 2009~ Rebecca
So glad to hear that Christmas was wonderful…
The pictures of James are so sweet, and Emily looks so precious with her new haircut (I'd love it if my hair looked like that!). Caiteyn also cut her hair to donate to Locks of Love just over a year ago (we cut off 11 inches). We spent so much time at the hospital that Caiteyn always asked why some kids there didn't have hair. After explaining to her that they were sick, I told her that we could grow her hair and then cut it to give to girls and boys who had lost their hair. I too got teary eyed (that was her first haircut!) but glad that we, well she, could help others…best wishes Bernie for a happy and healthy 2009!
Dear Emily,
Wow, I just have to tell you, when I first saw this blog post and the Christmas Eve pics, I was absolutley struck by your grown up look. You're stunning! I thought your hair was sooo pretty. I read on to see what you had done - and I was amazed!
I just think it is so neat when all of us help others, just because we can! I think it's great when the children set the example for us. Thanks, Emily!
Love, Lara
mom to Hans (who is currently bald;)
www.hansjourney.blogspot.com
Dear Emily,
Wow, I just have to tell you, when I first saw this blog post and the Christmas Eve pics, I was absolutley struck by your grown up look. You're stunning! I thought your hair was sooo pretty. I read on to see what you had done - and I was amazed!
I just think it is so neat when all of us help others, just because we can! I think it's great when the children set the example for us. Thanks, Emily!
Love, Lara
mom to Hans (who is currently bald;)
www.hansjourney.blogspot.com
Bernie- I have been meaning to look up your blog for a while now. I am friends with Lara and she told me about Luke last year. I have included your family in my prayers but reading your words today was a wonderful reminder of how precious life is. We are reminded about people's amazing strength (God given)and healing power of faith when they go through events like you have been through. I tell Lara that those of us not going through the trial are the ones that are supposed to be learning the lessons from it. I will be adding little James to my prayer list.
Michelle Nolen
Post a Comment