Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Something Amazing...

Hi everyone! First off, we wanted to thank you all for keeping Cuatro in your prayers. We are so thankful that he is already on prayer lists around the world. Our goal is to get him on as many lists as possible. Thank you for all of the support via the blogs, e-mail, phone calls, and even Facebook!

We WILL have a name soon as I am so anxious to call him by his name. Tommy and I have discussed some names and I have my very favorite...I just have to make sure it is a good one with Tommy. All I know is that this baby needs a strong, powerful name as I know he has strength that matches his angel brother. I will let you all know as soon as we have decided on a name. Just know that there will be a lot of meaning in his name.

Today was an amazing day. I have joined the Moms and Tots group at our church. The group is a great mix of women of all ages and it has been so nice to be able to share my faith with them. I was able to take my mom (my parents came into town yesterday) and I am so glad that I could. Thank you to the ladies today for being so welcoming to my mother. Anyway, I had a chance to explain our newest situation with my friend, Kimberly, on Monday and I was so thankful that she let some of the ladies know about everything. Kimberly had also asked if I would like one of the priests to anoint me. I told her of course and Father Dennis came to the meeting today to do just that. He anointed me and then asked the ladies to place their hands on me. It was amazing to have these women (who were complete strangers two months ago) place their hands on me and Cuatro, praying for his healing! Can you imagine?!?! It was quite a warm feeling and I am so thankful to have had this experience as I have never been anointed before. Thank you to Kimberly for suggesting this sacrament and thank you to all of my new friends for participating today--it meant more than you know. I have faith that God is going to keep our baby boy safe and healthy--we just have to get over a little bump. I also spoke to a new friend, Mary Beth, who is a retired NICU nurse. We had met before and I knew of her background, so as soon as I saw her, I broke down. She reassured me that she saw omphaloceles often and that the babies are fine. It really helped to talk to her and to share the spiritual side of the medical "stuff". She told me I could call her any time and I warned her that she might hear from me too often! Isn't it wonderful that God put us in the perfect parish with the perfect people? I am so thankful that we have found yet another church with such great people!

Once again, we would like to thank you for your prayers. We are continually praying for Cuatro's healing and that he does not have either trisomy. As with each and every baby, he is a miracle and we are so glad that he is a part of our little family. God Bless you all!

4 comments:

The B Family said...

That is so wonderful, Bernie! I am so happy for you to have these amazing new friends in your life...for you, your family and this precious new little boy!

Love to you~ Rebecca

Kelly Thomas said...

I had no doubt that you would jump right in and meet amazing people. You just draw that kind of crowd! I'm so glad you're getting out and meeting people. The more prayer warriors the better! And I just know you'll come up with the perfect name for the new little man in your life!

Amy L said...

I'm so glad you found another group that can be such a strong support system. Just wanted to let you know that you and Cuatro have been in my prayers daily ever since I heard the news. I'm so inspired by your strength and faith!

The Burt Family said...

What a handsome and fitting name! We love it!!!

The Burts